Lymphatic Drainage Massage
What is Lymphatic Drainage Massage (LDM) Therapy?
Lymphatic Drainage Massage is a technique used to provide relief from edema, an accumulation of fluids in the tissues that causes swelling. It is a gently, rhythmic style of massage that stimulates the immune system and improves the appearance of the skin. LDM is used before and after surgery, to help speed up healing and reduce edema/swelling. It increases blood flow and can reduce scar tissue. During LDM, muscles relax, heart and breathe rate decrease, and clients move into a state of relaxation that promotes healing and balance. Symptoms like fatigue, mild depression, and chronic soft-tissue pain call for the gentleness of lymph massage. It will stimulate the immune system and has an energizing effect on the body’s vital energy. Scar tissue becomes smaller, smoother, more flexible and stronger with LDM.
Benefits of Lymphatic Drainage Massage (LDM):
- Decreases edema (swelling)
- Reduces pain
- Improves skin health
- Promotes deep relaxation
- Speeds healing of injuries
- Decreases scar tissue
- Minimizes scar formation
- Enhances the action of the immune system
When to have a Lymphatic Drainage Massage (LDM):
- Pre and Post Surgery
- Post-mastectomy edema
- Lymph edema
- Inflammatory conditions such as sprains, strains, and muscle tears
Best Candidates for this Massage:
- Clients who want to experience a speedy and smoother recovery from cosmetic / plastic surgery.
- Clients with postoperative swelling find LDM to be very soothing and effective in its resolution.
*** Please contact our representative for Lymphatic Massage bookings and a confirmation.